Mt. Olivet’s “Stephen Ministry” will commission its inaugural class of Stephen Ministers on April 2nd at 8:30 worship?
- Stephen Ministries is a ministry that provides caring for people in need or crises in the congregation or community .
- Stephen Ministry multiplies blessings throughout the church and community.
- Congregations receive a practical and powerful way to respond to Christ’s commandment: “Love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:12 RSV).
- Pastors have a team of gifted, trained, and committed lay caregivers ready to minister to hurting people (information for pastors).
- Laypeople nurture and use their gifts in meaningful ministry, growing spiritually as they serve others.
- People who are hurting have a compassionate companion—a caring Christian friend who provides emotional and spiritual support.